Family violence, also known as “Domestic Violence” or “Intimate Partner Violence”, is a pattern of coercive, controlling behavior in a romantic relationship that is used to gain or maintain control over a partner.
There are many types of abuse.
- Physical Abuse
- Financial Abuse
- Sexual Abuse
- Emotional Abuse
- Verbal Abuse
- Spiritual Abuse
- Does someone push, hit, or strangle you?
- Does someone slap, kick, or burn you?
- Does someone force or refuse you work?
- Does someone control or take your money?
- Does someone force or manipulate you to perform sexual acts?
- Does someone laugh or make fun of your body or sexual orientation?
- Does someone insult or criticize you constantly?
- Does someone disregard or ignore your needs?
- Does someone threaten to kill you or those you love?
- Does someone yell, scream or even refuse to talk during disagreements?
- Does someone insult or ridicule your religious beliefs?
- Does someone prevent you from practicing your religious beliefs?